Attention Android Users
NES.emu is an NES/Famicom (ファミリーコンピュータ) emulator written in C++ for Android, iOS, Linux, and WebOS. It uses the emulation backend from FCEUX and is built on top of the Imagine engine. The source is released under the GPLv3 license.
Get it for your platform on the Downloads page and view any platform-specific notes
In an effort to support as many devices as possible. If you experience
any serious issues that make the emulator unusable on your device (black
screen, force closes, etc.) and are willing to send a few log files
back, please email
me and I'll do my best to get the app working for you. I've already resolved a number of device-specific issues this way.
About Save Games
- Accurate emulation and high compatibility
rate, similar compatibility to FCEUX 2.1.4
- Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for
save states. State files from FCEUX should work on NES.emu and
- Supports ROM-based games in .nes and .unf formats, optionally in .zip files
- Famicom Disk System emulation using .fds files (select your BIOS in the options first, either the original Nintendo one or Twin Famicom, should be 8K in size with either a .rom or .bin extension)
- VS UniSystem support, push Start to insert coins
- Zapper/Gun support, touch screen to fire, touch & hold outside of display area to simulate firing away from the TV
- Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls & keyboard support (needs Android 2.1+ for multi-touch)
- Multiplayer-capable Wiimote + Classic Controller and iControlPad support (iOS & Android)
- Portrait/Landscape orientation support (auto-orientation on iOS & Android)
- For ROM-based games, a standard .sav file is created for those with battery backup
- For Disk System games, an .fds.sav is created if a write is detected on the disk. This file is an exact copy of the original disk with the modified data so the original remains untouched and is used automatically upon loading the game afterwards.
- Save states are named .fcs for the auto-save slot, and .fcX where X is the slot number for manual saves.
(as of version 1.3.11):
: 60fps with only minor hiccups on a 600Mhz Droid
running Android 2.3. On-screen
controller can cause a small speed hit so disable it when not in use,
will be optimized in the future.
- iOS: 60fps on iPhone 4. 25-30fps on iPod Touch 2nd gen.
- WebOS : 60fps on Palm Pre.
Questions, Comments, or Bug Reports
- Input Ports: use Auto to guess what type of input device the game uses, or select a specific device
- Multitap Support: enable to play 4-player games such as Bomberman, disable on all others
: Email me at email@example.com
. I will directly help troubleshoot emulator
issues for users of any official paid versions, simply include your name
used when purchasing the app for verification.