MSX.emu is an MSX1/2/2+/TurboR and Colecovision emulator written in C++ for Android, iOS, Linux, and WebOS. It uses the emulation backend from BlueMSX and is built on top of the Imagine engine. The source is released under the GPLv3 license.
- Supports ROM (.rom, .mx1, .mx2, .col) and Disk (.dsk) programs, optionally in zip files
- SCC and FM sound support
- Internal SRAM and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states.
- Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls & keyboard support (needs Android 2.1+ for multi-touch)
- Multiplayer-capable Wiimote + Classic Controller and iControlPad support (iOS & Android)
- Portrait/Landscape orientation support (auto-orientation on iOS & Android)
A C-BIOS install prompt appears when no MSX.emu directory is present on your device (C-BIOS runs ROM-based MSX games). You may adjust which BIOS files are used under Options -> System -> Machine Type. For additional machine types that include support for disk images, download and unzip the above BIOS sets from BlueMSX and place the MSX.emu directory in the following (make sure it has write access):
- Android: root of the SD card (/sdcard)
- iOS: /User/Media
- WebOS: root of USB storage (/media/internal)
About Save Games
- Any data written to floppy disks is saved if the disk isn't zipped.
- Internal SRAM for supported machine types is saved in the platform-dependent MSX.emu directory listed above.
- Save states are named .0A.sta for the auto-save slot, and .0X.sta where X is the slot number for manual saves. The machine type and current IO devices are saved and must all be present when the state is loaded.