MD.emu is an Sega Genesis/Mega Drive (メガドライブ) and Master System/Mark III (マークIII) emulator written in C++ for Android, iOS, Linux, and WebOS. It uses the emulation backend from Genesis Plus (GX) and is built on top of the Imagine engine. The source is released under the GPLv3 license.
Attention Android Users
In an effort to support as many devices as possible. If you experience
any serious issues that make the emulator unusable on your device (black
screen, force closes, etc.) and are willing to send a few log files
back, please email
me and I'll do my best to get the app working for you. I've already resolved a number of device-specific issues this way.
About Save Games
- 6-button controller and 4-player multitap support
- SVP chip support for Virtua Racing (needs a fast device)
- Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states.
- Supports ROM-based games in .bin, .smd, .gen, and .sms formats, optionally in zip files
- Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls & keyboard support (needs Android 2.1+ for multi-touch)
- Multiplayer-capable Wiimote + Classic Controller and iControlPad support (iOS & Android)
- Portrait/Landscape orientation support (auto-orientation on iOS & Android)
- A .srm file is created for games with battery backup
- Save states are named .0A.gp for the auto-save slot, and .0X.gp where X is the slot number for manual saves.
Questions, Comments, or Bug Reports
- 6-button Support: enable with games such as Street Fighter II to use all 6 buttons
- Multitap Support: enable to play 4-player games such as Bomberman, disable on all others
: Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I will directly help troubleshoot emulator
issues for users of any official paid versions, simply include your name
used when purchasing the app for verification.