GBC.emu is an Gameboy Color emulator written in C++ for Android, iOS, Linux, and WebOS. It uses the emulation backend from Gambatte and is built on top of the Imagine engine. The source is released under the GPLv3 license.
Get it for your platform on the Downloads page and view any platform-specific notes
Attention Android Users
In an effort to support as many devices as possible. If you experience
any serious issues that make the emulator unusable on your device (black
screen, force closes, etc.) and are willing to send a few log files
back, please email
me and I'll do my best to get the app working for you. I've already resolved a number of device-specific issues this way.Features
About Save Games
- Accurate emulation and high compatibility
rate, similar compatibility to Gambatte 0.4.1
- Selectable color palettes when playing original GB games
- Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for
save states. State files from Gambatte should work on GBC.emu and
- Supports games in .gb and .gbc formats, optionally in .zip files
- Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls & keyboard support (needs Android 2.1+ for multi-touch)
- Wiimote + Classic Controller and iControlPad support (iOS & Android)
- Portrait/Landscape orientation support (auto-orientation on iOS & Android)
- A standard .sav file is created for games with battery backup
- Save states are named with extension .0A.gqs for the auto-save slot, and .0X.gqs where X is the slot number for manual saves.
(as of version 1.3.23):
: 60fps with only minor hiccups on an original Droid
running Android 2.3. Solid 60fps on the Xoom with frameskip set to 0.
Questions, Comments, or Bug Reports
- GB Palette: select a palette to use with DMG games
: Email me at email@example.com
. I will directly help troubleshoot emulator
issues for users of any official paid versions, simply include your name
used when purchasing the app for verification.